My board came in third in the decor8/Amy Butler mood board contest – take a look! If you’re in love with Amy Butler but missed the deadline, Holly is also giving one last chance to win some free patterns. I’ll be sure to show you what I do with mine…I think I’m most interested in the hat, at the moment, since I’ve been wanting one to keep the sun off my face.
Regarding the winners, I think the first place entry is definitely the best-designed – the color scheme is very attractive, and she manages to combine a lot of images into the whole without it looking too busy. I was really interested to find out what other people chose out of all the options; I had some guesses, but other than the winner I was pretty off. It was such a fun contest idea, and I *really* can’t believe that I’m in the top four.
Okay, on to Ali’s meme. I figure that I do these in lieu of fortifying my “about” page, which seems kind of boring by contrast. I’ve sent one of these around before so I’m not going to tag anyone this time. If you’re reading and you want to share, leave me a note and I’ll happily come read a bunch of facts about you, too.
If these bore you, carry on and enjoy your Friday afternoon + weekend.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? The apostle Paul, I think (although they might have just liked the name…now I can’t remember).
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? When I left for work on Thursday knowing that I wouldn’t see husband again till Sunday night.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I used to – it used to be very precise, but it’s been getting messier every year since high school graduation.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LUNCH MEAT? Not a huge fan of lunch meat, actually. It kind of grosses me out.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Not yet.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I hope so.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Not so much anymore.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Nope, and now I get an icky cough in lieu of (or in addition to) a sore throat. I don’t recommend having them out.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I can’t think of a good reason why.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL? Kashi variations.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Not after holding an 18 month old kid for a while.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM? Cookies ‘n’ Cream.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Are they actually talking to me or are they thinking about something else?
15. RED OR PINK? Red
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Am going to pass on answering this on the internet.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My grandmother.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? What everyone?
19. WHAT COLOUR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Blue jeans + no shoes.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? A milkshake from Ferdinand’s (it’s Friday, okay?).
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? iTunes on shuffle – currently (njosnavelin) by Sigur Ros.
22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE? I haven’t used crayons in so long that I don’t have a favorite color anymore.
23. FAVOURITE SMELLS? Pine needles in the woods; the neighbors’ wild rose bush.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Husband in Montana.
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I don’t know her very well (= at all). But some blog catchup makes me think I would.
26. FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH? I have thanked my husband several times for not liking to watch sports.
27. HAIR COLOUR? Brown with a couple of alarming greys.
28. EYE COLOUR? Brown/green.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No, except for very special occasions when I’m going to be photographed (like my wedding). Switching between glasses and contacts gives me huge headaches.
30. FAVOURITE FOOD? Does “good food” count?
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Mmm, used to hate scary movies. But since husband puts up with my screaming and eye-covering, I’ve been increasing my tolerance.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Been spending a lot of quality time with Mulder and Scully lately…I guess “Breach” was probably the last real movie.
33. WHAT COLOUR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? White.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Spring or fall.
35. HUGS OR KISSES? From whom?
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? What?
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Still not getting it.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? The Farthest Shore by Ursula LeGuin (don’t know how I missed these when I was in high school).
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I use the touchpad on my laptop, which drives a lot of people nuts.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? See no. 32 (in my defense, I’ve been sewing at the same time).
42. FAVOURITE SOUND? I’ve never really thought about this.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Baku, Azerbaijan, was 12 hours off from Pullman, so I figure I was on the opposite side of the world.
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Define “special.”
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? About 10 miles from here.
47. WHAT SUPERPOWER WOULD YOU LIKE? I would really like to fly – I don’t care how. Wouldn’t that be fun?