Probably not so much posting this week (or next), as I am busy packing and working on this. After all the very helpful comments you left me on my what-to-do post, a 2nd shop seemed like the very best option. Paulabirdy will remain open and have all the birdy-themed items, while PaulaGibbs will carry the Day at the Beach prints, some new gocco prints, and a few other things.
- create new email address
- create new shop
- create new banner and temporary avatar
- order new prints (they came!)
- take photos of prints
- design rough draft of business cards
Still to do:
- order new business cards
- come up with a new promotional postcard or freebie
- edit and resize photos for Etsy listings
- create new listings
- finish writing shop announcement, email to buyers, etc.
- make a few changes to the Paulabirdy shop
- fiddle with PayPal settings
- come up with a new packaging scheme (i.e. not ribbon)
Sound like fun? If you’re thinking about opening a shop, it’s a good idea to make a pretty complete to-do list first…I’m sure I’m still missing some things, but my current list is already long enough to banish thoughts of finishing everything in a week. :)
Given the current state of my apartment (=chaos) and schedule (=hectic), I’m putting the Monday moving sales on hold for a few weeks. I want to start adding old drawings and paintings next, and at the moment I’m not even sure where they are. I am hoping to unearth a little pile of sale-able art in the near future so I can resume the sales!