Well, I didn’t manage to finish the dollies last weekend. But at least they have bodies now! (The pile of small arms and legs and heads on the table was starting to look a bit gruesome.)
I’ve also finished sewing their reversible dresses, but I still need to turn them inside out – not so easy with the really small parts – and handsew the sides. Mm, handsewing. I don’t dislike handsewing at all, but it takes so stinking long. In fact, it’s probably what led to my never-again resolution when it comes to doll-making (or at least never-to-sell). These little ladies have taken a pretty astonishing amount of time so far, so I am very happy that the end is in sight.
I’m also trying to squeeze in the Illustration Friday topic for the week (“hats”) because an idea immediately came to mind, so there will be some art in addition to sewing. And my holiday cards should be here any day now and will need to be packaged and photographed. And then there are signs and bags and other miscellaneous to be made for the craft fair on Saturday.
Aack! This is starting to sound like a lot. :( I guess there’s plenty to do this week.