I’m still painting the Alphabirdybet letters – I tried colored pencil and watercolor on my sample page, and the watercolor looks much better. (Boy, I can’t say how much I’ve appreciated having a “spare” to practice on. Usually I mess up on the first one anyway or just take some time to find my stride, so I’ve started setting it aside as a piece to practice techniques, etc. on. This has saved me from a series of dumb-ideas-that-seemed-good-until-I-actually-tried-them.) Since painting in the evening hasn’t worked out so well, I brought all my supplies to the office and have been trying to squeeze it into my lunch break. My top of my tall file cabinet is currently stuffed with water cups, brushes, and paper, but no one’s asked about it yet…
So I don’t have paintings to show, but I wanted to point out a couple of nice people and links that I’ve found recently:
- Mommycoddle asked for feedback on how her readers plan their meals. Some of the responses are really helpful – check ’em out.
- Erin put up a good post on becoming “real.”
- Penelope Dullaghan (from Illustration Friday) has a really great blog – lots of fun and inspiring reading in the archives.
- They’re hanging lots of tiny art – including mine! – at Nahcotta and have some pictures to prove it. All the pieces in the show can be found here.
- This girl paints some really cute old-fashiony pieces for her etsy shop.
I’ve got an awful lot of Etsy bookmarks right now that I’m saving for another post. I can see that it’s tempting to spend every cent you earn on other people’s stuff. And I haven’t even earned any cents yet.
Will try to post some birdy letters tomorrow.