Okay, six weird things about me (courtesy of Lauren).
1. My brain freezes when I’m asked to make a list. You can ask me the same question in another way and I’ll be able to answer, but if you ask me for a list – especially one in order of preference – I get really flustered.
2. If I allow myself to think about home decor around bedtime, I can kiss at least an hour of sleep goodbye. I will sit there for ages picking out paint color, rugs, furniture, wall hangings, etc. for an apartment that usually a) doesn’t exist or b) ends up falling through.
3. I have a small dog named Sabina, but I/we only call her that about 5% of the time. Nicknames currently on rotation include The Bean, Beanly, Pooper, Pooper-Duper, Howler, the Bovine Squirrel, and (Josh’s favorite) Grubby Sniffles.
4. When I was in 6th grade, I really wanted to be a herpetologist and travel around the world catching exotic snakes. I kept several pet garter snakes, one of which I trained to eat live goldfish out of my hand (I held the poor little fishies by the tail). I now find this rather revolting.
5. The reason I had garter snakes and not boa constrictors is that I also kept mice. I had lots and lots of pretty pet mice that died very easily (the animal graveyard scene in Garden State could have been based on my family). Because I was also obsessed with Lord of the Rings, my mice had names like Galadriel, Arwen, and Elbereth.
6. I have a really hard time cutting up raw meat. I’m not a vegetarian, but – probably because of all the pets I’ve had – cutting into slippery raw chicken just about does me in.
Now that that’s done (notice that I kept all the really embarrassing stuff to myself), I can explain that I spent a couple of hours formatting stuff in Photoshop last night instead of crafting – I want to have some new birdy cards printed so I can replenish the supply at Ball & Cross. Since I won’t have any new photos for a bit, I thought I might try to organize my categories a little better and add some links. Do you like the random Flickr photos? Sometimes I think they’re really pretty, but other times I find pics of people with little or no clothing. On my blog. Hmm.